Obtaining your Florida Marriage License (con't)
Must I apply for a marriage license in the county where I live or in the county where the ceremony is
going to be held?

No. A marriage license may be applied for and solemnized in any Florida county.

Where can I apply for a marriage license?

A marriage license may be obtained Monday through Friday, except holidays, 8:00
a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at the following offices of the Clerk of the Court:

Florida Clerks of the Court

How long is a marriage license valid once it is issued?

The marriage must be solemnized within sixty (60) days of issuance of the marriage license.

Who may perform marriage ceremonies?

  • The following officials are authorized by Florida law to perform marriage ceremonies:
  • A regularly ordained minister or other ordained clergy;
  • Elders in communion with some church;
  • All judicial officers (judges) of the State of Florida;
  • Clerks of the Circuit Courts and their deputized employees;
  • Notary Public of the State of Florida.

Who is a "regularly ordained minister"?

A "regularly ordained minister" is a minister who has been recognized in the
manner required by the regulations of his or her respective religious denomination
to perform marriage ceremonies.
  (<<prev)   3 of 4  (next>>)
P.O. Box 3279
Bonita Springs, FL 34133
ph: 239 293 3310